Sigmund J Beck Advanced Bankruptcy Roundtable
An ICLEF Masters Series Seminar
This is a LIVE, in-person only event
An Advanced Level Workshop Session to Discuss Current Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Issues
Thomas C. Scherer, Seminar Chair, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum LLP, Indianapolis
Hon. Robyn L. Moberly, United States Bankruptcy Court, Indianapolis
Kayla D. Britton, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, Indianapolis
Michael W. Hile, Jacobson Hile Kight LLC, Indianapolis
Edward M. (Ted) King, Frost Brown Todd LLC, Louisville
Professor Bruce A. Markell, Professor of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Chicago
Melissa M. Root, Jenner & Block LLP, Chicago
- Make Whole Premiums
- Discharge of a Post-Confirmation but Pre-Effective Date Claim
- Constitutionality of US Trustee Fee Increase
- Enforcement of Arbitration Clause if Part of an Executory Contract
- Fulton Follow Up – Case on Remand and Claims Under § 362(a)(4) and (a)(6)
- HHGregg – Ordinary Course of Business Defense
- § 363(m) – Is It a Jurisdictional Bar to Appeal of a Sale Order?
- Use of B.R. 2004 as Opposed to Discovery Rules
- Texas 2 Step – Good Faith Filing in the LTL Management (Johnson & Johnson) Case
- § 363(m) Good Faith Purchase When Buyer Knows an Interest Holder Did Not Get Notice of Sale?
- Merchant Cash Advance Agreements – “True Sale” or Secured Loan?
- Equitable Mootness
- Good Faith Defense in Madoff Fraudulent Transfer Cases
- Plan Exculpation Provisions for Debtor Counsel – Are They Valid?
- Non-Consensual Third Party Releases
- Tax Sale as Fraudulent Transfer
- Definition of a “Personal Injury Tort Claim” Under 28 U.S.C. § 157(b)(5)
Seminar Registration will begin at 1:30 P.M. on Friday, August 19, 2022 with the seminar beginning promptly at 2:00 P.M. The reception and dinner will begin at 5:30 P.M. on Friday evening. The program will adjourn by 12:15 P.M. on Saturday, August 20, 2022. All listed times are LOCAL TIMES. West Baden Springs, Indiana is in the Eastern Time Zone. Dress for the program, reception and dinner is casual.
Hotel Reservations should be made by Friday, July 22, 2022, by calling West Baden Springs Resort, 8538 West Baden Avenue, West Baden Springs, Indiana at (844) 241-6361. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be sure to mention the ICLEF Group Reservation code, 0822ACL, to receive a discount on your overnight rooms. ICLEF has reserved a block of rooms at both the French Lick Springs and West Baden Springs Resorts.
Rooms are priced from $239 per night (plus tax) for rooms located at the West Baden Springs Resort and $189 per night (plus tax) for rooms at the French Lick Springs Resort. After July 22, 2022, overnight rooms will be released for sale to the public. Please make your overnight room reservations early as we do have a limited block of overnight rooms available.
Please note that all events will take place at the West Baden Springs Resort. The Resort Complex Hotels offer a complimentary shuttle service between the French Lick Springs and West Baden Springs resorts.
ICLEF has requested an early check-in for our group. The overnight rooms may not be available until the normal check-in time of 4:00 P.M. We have asked the resort to do what they can to ready the overnight rooms for a 1:30 P.M. check-in time.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday - Saturday, August 19-20, 2022. Should you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call ICLEF at (317) 637-9102.
Please call ICLEF to ADD a Dinner Guest - Should you wish to add a dinner guest to the dinner on Friday, August 19, please call ICLEF at (317) 637-9102 to add your guest(s). There is an additional cost for a guest to attend the dinner of $58.00 each. Children aged 6 - 12 are $28.00 each with children aged 5 and under no additional charge to attend the dinner. For paid seminar attendees and faculty members, the dinner is included in the registration fee.