An ICLEF National Speaker Seminar Featuring - Natalie B. Choate
An intensive course designed for professionals who are experienced in general estate planning and wish to add to their expertise with in-depth knowledge of how to integrate retirement benefits into clients’ estate plans.
This popular seminar has never been more timely, as unlimited Roth conversions and the “portable” federal estate tax exemption offer new planning opportunities (and pitfalls) for your clients. Plus, it’s fun. Don’t miss it!
- 8:00 A.M. Registration
- 8:30 A.M. Program Begins
- 11:40 A.M Lunch (Provided)
- 12:20 P.M. Program Resumes
- 3:30 P.M. Adjournment
(The agenda includes a 10-minute break in the morning and in the afternoon)
- Understanding the minimum distribution rules of Code section 401(a)(9).
- Making retirement benefits payable to trusts
- How to integrate benefits in the typical estate plan
- Representing Survivors: “The Pre-Owned Retirement Plan
- Roth retirement plans
- “Charitable Planning with Retirement Benefits”
- Unconventional IRA investments; prohibited transactions
- Lump sum distributions, Pre-age 59½ distributions
From the nuts and bolts to the cutting edge, this course introduces everything you need to know to handle your estate planning clients’ IRAs and other retirement plans—and puts you on the road to leadership in this important specialty field. You will learn:
- The minimum required distribution (MRD) rules: key to maximizing the value of your clients’ benefits. How to comply with the “MRD rules,” avoid penalties, and qualify for “stretch IRA” treatment, including lifetime and post-death MRDs, separate accounts.
- Practical ways to fit retirement benefits into the typical estate plan; the six possible choices of beneficiary (three tax-favored, three not); planning for possible law changes.
- The two types of trusts that automatically qualify for “see-through” treatment under the MRD rules, and when qualification matters. When and how to name a marital, credit shelter or other trust as beneficiary.
- Case studies: trust for minors, special needs, second marriage.
- Plus special situations, where your key knowledge can save big dollars for certain clients: pitfalls of IRA real estate and small-business investing; 10% penalty for pre-age 59½ distributions; how to advise the IRA beneficiary; disclaimers and other post-death cleanup strategies; spousal rollovers; and fixing IRA mistakes.
Printed and eMaterials INCLUDED with each registration.
Available in coordination with the LIVE Seminar in Indianapolis only...
Please CLICK HERE to make your reservations online with the Omni Severin Hotel or do so by calling 800-843-6664 or 317-634-6664. Please mention ICLEF and the code N2000484 when calling to book your reservation. Rates and Reservations are subject to availability.
Book your corporate rate for ICLEF with the Indianapolis Downtown Marriott by CLICKING HERE or calling 1-800-MARRIOTT. Please mention ICLEF and the code OGW when calling to book your reservation. Rates and Reservations are subject to availability.
Please CLICK HERE to view the parking options surrounding ICLEF.