In this dynamic seminar, Stephen D. Easton clearly demonstrates how to effectively focus your knowledge of the conflict and your intense desire to succeed.
Winning advocates view every aspect of trial as a unique opportunity to build and strengthen their bond with the people who will decide the fate of their client—the judge and jury.
Every lawyer—novice or expert—who spends time before a judge or jury will find useful tips and strategies in Thinking Inside the Box. Steve Easton has carefully designed this fast-paced, entertaining, multi-media program to reveal how you can build such strong bonds
in the structured world of the courtroom.
Overcome jurors’ inherent mistrust of lawyers. Persuade the judge to rely on your facts and evidence. Marshal the real-world rules (not theory!) to help you tip the scales of justice your way.
Practical and comprehensive course materials contribute to the success you will enjoy after a focused and information-packed day with Easton. His winning track record and his razor-sharp perspective on practice-oriented reality ensure that this will be one of the most valuable investments you make in your practice.
Easton gives you the words and tactics to build and strengthen your relationship with the judge and jury and to help you win your case!
- Increase the odds that jurors choose you…while you are choosing them.
- Personalize the “blind date” of voir dire, and make it enjoyable for jurors and for you
- Use the judge’s credibility to enhance your own credibility.
- Use innovative, powerful techniques to leverage your relationships during closing argument.
- Consciously avoid common credibility-destroying mistakes.
8:55 A.M. Welcome & Introduction
9:00 A.M. Building Relationships with Jurors
- Thinking like a juror
- Effective voir dire
- Building on voir dire foundation
10:30 A.M. Break
10:45 A.M. Establishing Credibility
- Overcoming every juror’s belief that lawyers cannot be trusted
- The truth about ethics and ethics about the truth
- The hidden dangers of objecting
12:15 P.M. Lunch Break (on your own)
1:15 P.M. Building Relationships with Judges
- Tips on the care and feeding of judges
- The real-world rules of evidence
- Hidden gems in the rules of evidence
2:45 P.M. Break
3:00 P.M. Rules of the Road for Trial Attorneys
- Assembling a strong trial team
- Preparing fact witnesses
Powerful Final Arguments
- Driving home your theme
- Words and phrases with impact
4:30 P.M. Adjourn
To receive CLE credit for an ICLEF On-Demand or a LIVE WEBCAST seminar, you must watch the program in its entirety. ICLEF is unable to award partial CLE credit for viewing ICLEF On-Demand or LIVE WEBCAST seminars. You will have 30 days from the date-of-purchase to complete your ICLEF distance learning seminar. If you are unable to complete the LIVE WEBCAST seminar on the scheduled date of the seminar, ICLEF will place a copy of the ON DEMAND version of the program in your ICLEF Online Account three (3) to five (5) business days after the LIVE WEBCAST concludes. Please call or email ICLEF should you have further questions (317) 637-9102 or firstname.lastname@example.org