Risk Management: The Road Map to a Better Practice
3 CLE / 3 Ethics
LIVE and In-Person Presentations in Three Indiana Locations
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017, ICLEF Conference Faculty,
230 East Ohio Street, Indianapolis (Course #75500)
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017, Gillespie Conference Center,
53995 SR 933, South Bend (Course #7A013)
- Thursday, November 9, 2017, Avalon Manor,
3550 E. Lincoln Hwy, Merrillville (Course #7A014)
Description of Seminar
Properly established and efficient practice management processes and
procedures can pay big dividends in protecting against malpractice claims
and ethics complaints, with the added benefit that bulletproofing your practice
in these small ways frees you to concentrate on your clients rather than the
day-to-day operation of your firm.
And while every lawyer wants effective systems, too often, though, the
hardest part is developing a strategy of review and implementation of the
law office operation.
This program is for every lawyer who wants better procedures but lacks a
road map for reaching a better practice.
8:30 A.M. Registration
8:55 A.M. Welcome & Introduction
9:00 A.M. Program Begins
10:00 A.M. Break
10:10 A.M. Program Resumes
11:10 A.M. Break
11:15 A.M. Program Resumes
12:15 P.M. Adjournment
The QUIZ – A chance to test your knowledge in the latest hot topics in legal
malpractice and ethics, and what you need to know to protect yourself from
novel malpractice risks and ethics complaints. (60-minutes)
During the last two hours of the program you will receive recommended monthly
action steps that will help you to reduce your exposure to malpractice and to
improve your delivery of legal services. (120-minutes)
12-Months to a Better Practice
- Month One: Strategic Planning
- Month Two: Client Evaluation & Intake
- Month Three: Conflicts of Interest
- Month Four: Engagement Letters Non-Engagement Letters Closing Letters
- Month Five: Fee Agreements
- Month Six: Calendaring Procedures
- Month Seven: Billing Procedures
- Month Eight: File Retention Policy
- Month Nine: Cyber Security
- Month Ten: Disaster Recovery
- Month Eleven: Law Firm Advertising
- Month Twelve: Invest in Yourself
Available in coordination with the LIVE Seminar & Video Replays in Indianapolis only...
Please make your reservations with the Hilton by CLICKING HERE or calling 800-445-8667. Please mention ICLEF RATE when calling to book your reservation. Rates and Reservations are subject to availability.
Book your corporate rate for ICLEF with the Indianapolis Downtown Marriott by CLICKING HERE or calling 1-800-MARRIOTT. Please mention ICLEF and the code OGW when calling to book your reservation. Rates and Reservations are subject to availability.
Please CLICK HERE to view the parking options surrounding ICLEF.